Well, I barely squeaked out a letter before my first week was over. But it was written and sealed before midnight last night.
My first letter goes to my nephew who is serving an LDS mission in West Virginia. He has been a hard working, enthusiastic missionary and I can't believe he's coming home in May. I also can't believe I've only written him 3, maybe 4, letters his whole time out. Bad, bad me.
A few (very few) events that have happened since he left in April of 2008: we've had a baby, finished our basement, his little brother has graduated from HS and is waiting to leave for his own mission to Argentina next month. How can my days sometimes seem so long, when this guy has been gone for almost 2 years in the blink of an eye?
I am grateful to Dave for being a good example to his younger brother and sisters, to my children and to me. He has demonstrated the joy and blessings that can come from:
* Obedience
* Having an excellent work ethic
* Having faith in God
* Loving the Lord
* Service
* Having a happy and positive attitude
and the list goes on.
My sister and her husband raised their son well. I pray my own sons will follow in many of his footsteps. That path will bring joy to those who follow.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment